Every day Panama welcomes investors from around the world looking for a safe place to diversify and grow their capital. Property in Panama provides the opportunity for income and appreciation, with an asset that can serve as a wonderful home in the tropics. Unlike many markets, the growth of the property industry is driven by a solid economic foundation, not speculators, as an increasing number of multi-national companies launch and expand operations in Panama City.
A few more of the reasons why Panama is a top choice for investors:
* Growth. Panama is the fastest growing economy in the region, with GDP expanding 4 to 6 percent a year. Economists predict the pace of growth will continue into the future, fueled by several large projects and the expansion of the Panama Canal.
* The Hub of the Americas. Panama is the established center of trade and commerce for the reason and now Copa Airlines has made it the center of air travel, with direct flights to 80 cities in 32 countries.
* Infrastructure. The government is spending on key projects that will propel the economy for many years, including the expansion of the Tocumen International Airport, an expansion of the Panama Metro, a new convention center on Amador Causeway and a new bridge over the Panama Canal.
* The Dollar. The U.S. dollar is universally used in Panama, making it easier to move money and reducing the risk of currency fluctuations.
* Stability. Panama’s politics and economy are a model of consistency, providing investors with a level of security.
* Tax and Visa Policy. Panama welcomes investors with programs that make it easy to make the country home and protect your income. The retirement program is routinely rated as one of the best in the world.
All these factors make Panama an attractive investment destination, creating an environment resilient to the ebbs and flows of the global economy. It is the definition of a “safe haven,” with the potential for consistent appreciation.